Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mi Casa

Hola Todos!!

I am in my new HOME!! For the last week I have been living out of a suitcase in a Hostal...not a glamorous life by any means. Today I took a taxi to my new home and it is GREAT!

I am living with a Senora (single lady who takes care of people like me) and her name is Victoria. Victoria speaks super fast spanish and so I am not sure if I have her life story correct, but from the sounds of it she was a professor in Madrid and in the Canary Islands for over 30 years. Currently, hosting students is where she gets her full time income. For an all-consuming life hobby, Victoria refurbishes old furniture. So, my new home looks like a museum...swords, pistols, crazy chairs that are too weak to sit in and all. Yea, otro mundo.

There are two girls that will be living here as well. One is from Orange County, Ca. and the other is from Boston. To me, the coasts are different worlds in themselves, so I am truly getting the full international/galactic experience.

Anyway, I am excited to unpack and I am WAY tired because last night I went to Cuban Dance Club. It was SO much fun and for the majority of the time I danced with old women because the girls I went with were swept off their feet by Cuban dance Gods...and the only Cuban guys who wanted to dance with me were "questionable" at best.

I would love personal updates!

1 Comments:

At January 17, 2008 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Personal Update #1: It's snowing in Wisconsin.

Personal Update #2: Classes start in T-Minus 4 days.

Personal Update #3: My face is really broken out right now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home