Friday, January 18, 2008

Correr- to run

I love to run.

To my exceeding delight, I have recently discovered that running in Spain is my ticket to mastering the language. On any given run I have spoken to as few as 5 people and as many as 16. (this is due to getting completely lost and asking for help)

In Madrid, "around the block" doesn't exist. So I will be running, and fool myself into thinking that I can go one more block and then cut back and be where I had hoped...but one more block = a black hole teleporting you into the unknown. There is no Lake Michigan to anchor yourself with.

Today we went on a bus tour of Madrid...and everyone was seeing parts of Madrid for the first time. I had already seen everything and had stories about the places because I have already been lost everywhere that Madrid has to offer. In a month, my Spanish is going to decline greatly because if I'm not asking for directions, I have nothing to say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home