Tuesday, February 26, 2008

SEVILLA + JUAN

I went to Sevilla with 5 other girls two weekends ago. It took 6 1/2 hrs to get there by bus and we stayed for two days and one night. The trip was fantastic because Sevilla is the most pure Spanish you can get. They have bull fighting (not for me), Flamenco (yes please), the third largest cathedral in the world, and a ginormous tower with ramps instead of stairs (so I was able to ride my pony Tater up it).

I apparently made this rainbow... all in a day's work.
At night we went to a Flamenco show and it was as if the dancer was dancing for the very last time and her babies' lives depended on her stomp. I was sitting next to a group of guys and I quickly discovered that one of them was part of the original creators of FACEBOOK! (So, he is a gazillionaire). After word spread about who he was, all of the girls around us were throwing themselves at him with the best flirting i've witnessed since my middle school dances. I, on the other hand, could only think to say, "What were you thinking with the mini-feed?!" (for those of you who don't know, the mini-feed is the home page of facebook that let's you see what everyone in the galaxy is currently thinking, seeing, kissing, dissing, etc.). smooth. real smooth.

Anyway, the best part of the trip was the bus ride home. Here are the higlights:

1. I sit down next to Juan, a seemingly harmless and jovial bald man.

2. I smile at Juan and say something cliche about the weather.

3. Juan opens up to me about being a sailor, getting divorced from a cheating witch, wanting to send Bush to the guillotine, and cohabilitating with an out-of-the-ordinary ugly woman. (hr 1-2)

4. Juan busts out a package of HACHISH from his pocket and explains 6 different recipes that I could back weed into (the potato omelette is particulary captivating). (hr 3)

5. the bus stops for a break

6. Juan apparently gets the munchies and buys two of everything in the convenience store and demands that I feast with him. I manage to down 2 ho-hos and a strawberry milkshake out of pure terror....but the milkshake was delicious. (hr 4)

7. The conversation turns to faith, and Juan shows me 3 tattoos of Jesus' face that are on his arms...i didn't ask to view the other 2 Jesus tattoos. He then explains a time that he was floating in the ocean for 36 hrs after his boat sunk...where he first saw the face of God. (hr 5)

8. To top it off, during hour 6 Juan sang to me....and the rest of the bus I suppose.

1 Comments:

At March 2, 2008 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Bailey said...

Katie- Wow....you are hilarious. I love the fact that you got to complain the creator about the facebook mini-feed!!! As you know, I have a love/hate relationship with that thing...if I had a say, keep it to catch those dirty, cheating bums. haha. So ironic! And Juan...wow. I met his sister on the SAME bus who is from Peru who invited herself over to my piso for dinner........can't wait until we travel together!!!! haha mwah.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home