Friday, March 7, 2008

Shoot!

Every week I tutor two girls (ages 10 and 13) english. They are extremely sweet and I am really blessed to have a job here. The 13 yr old really likes Beyonce and she is convinced that she will be able to learn english by listening to Beyonce songs...bad idea....while Beyonce is quote on quote "Bootylicious", believe it or not, her grammar is horrific. As I was leaving yesterday, the girl said to me "You can go ahead and get gone." AH! From now on I am teaching her Sesamee Street Songs!

So here is the story of the week:

I was walking to tutoring, listening to my ipod, and zoning out to the Spanish world around me. A block ahead of me I noticed a man with a shopping cart standing in the middle of the street....which is a REALLY bad idea in Madrid, because the sidewalks aren't even pedestrian friendly (ex. motorcycles ride on the SIDEWALKS....and they call this a first world country?!). I asked myself why the man would be chillin' with a shopping cart when shopping carts don't even exist in Spain (the people use cloth baskets on wheels).

ALL OF THE SUDDEN....the man gets HIT BY A CAR!!! He continues to lie on top of the car, and somehow the shopping cart also remained on the hood of the car. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I start running to help him and I'm thinking about the ABCs (Airway, Breathing (or bowel sounds maybe), and Circulation)...no more than 10 bounding leaps later I see a Camera Crew and a big sound stick! They were filming a movie! There was no way that I was going to play off my insane reaction as suave and normal.

I noticed a man from the crew laughing at me and I went over to talk to him. He told me about a the new TV series that they were shooting. I told him that I was from the States and he said that I must be used to seeing filming because the media entertainment is so big in the States...To save whatever pride I had left, I said that I had never seen anything like it because I come from a little village.

So, if anyone asks...Milwaukee is considered one of the smallest villages in the USA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home